Malcolm Gladwell is an international best-selling author, and named one of the 100 most influential people by Time Magazine, and if by reading his books makes me 'uncultured' and 'appear stupid'...then I guess a lot of people must be 'uncultured' and 'appear stupid' to you. Who the fuck are you to tell me that I'm 'uncultured' and 'appear stupid', Ms. Ignorant? I'm very sorry that I like learning about why people are the way they are, and how people think, and about people in general...I'm sorry that I don't read Jane Austen and Wuthering Heights. But I'm sorry, does Jane Austen help me learn about people? Does Wuthering Heights take me somewhere in life? No, they're story books. Yeah, they're classics, but, they're story books. Fiction. So I'M SORRY if I don't appreciate fictitious characters, and I'M SORRY if I don't like reading about love and life back in the day, and most of all, I'm fucking sorry that you're so ignorant that you stereotype millions of people as being 'uncultured' and/or 'appear[ing] stupid'.
And I'm also sorry that I'm still stuck in this bear-trap of a friendship.

No comments:
Post a Comment