Thursday, January 28, 2010

Things are changing, for the better.

Nearly a month into the new year, and honestly, life's been not bad. Things are changing, and it's all for the better. He no longer plagues my mind, I've finally figured out my goals, my future, school marks has been kind. Everything's going lovely. The only downside is the studying, I suppose. But once that is over, I'm sure everything will continue getting better. Life's lovely.

There are things I've realized that I can't change, and will just have to simply wait out. For instance, friends. The majority of people group their friends, by that I mean, everyone has tight-knit friends, friends you talk to on occasion, friends you only hang out outside of school/work, friends you only say "hi" to, friends you only ask for homework, etc. And of course there are friends within each of those categories that, although perhaps unintentional, seem to always be on the look out to sabotage you. These friends, in all honesty, aren't even doing it on purpose, it's just the way they are. Which is very unfortunate. Anywho, these friends, I don't need them. I don't. Why should I surround myself with people who are just going to repeatedly emphasize my mistakes and tell me I'm stupid. Why? I don't need them. These people are also the same people that you'll never see after highschool, so I really don't need them in highschool, they provide me with nothing to gain from. In saying that, I'm not implying that friends are only objects you get benefits from, but I certainly do not want friends that take me down constantly. Secondly, there are people that you'll meet along the way that just seems like they have such big dreams but do so little to try and climb the ladder to success. Although extremely frustrating, I'm going to have to deal with it. In the end, they're the ones that are going to fall short, whereas I will be continuing on the ladder. However I can understand (very much) just how frustrating it is. These people tell you their big dreams and hopes and goals (that require quite a bit of preparation and decent marks) for the future, and expects them to expect them to succeed. But how am I suppose to believe that they're going to succeed when I am very aware of their progress in school, which is not doing very well, and the fact that their work habits are horrible. Work habits are so important to success, and I just don't see how I can have faith in anyone who has below expectation marks, unfortunate work habits, and simply not taking the preparations they should be for these goals they want to achieve. It's just a little far fetched. Not only are they building themselves the road to no where, but they also constantly de-emphasize the reality to get to their goals, blinding themselves from the truth. It gets unbearably frustrating when you have to constantly face these people such big goals but they wish to do nothing about it and simply think that these things will just happen out of thin air. It doesn't work that way, and they never get it. Third, there are also people you'll meet that enjoy acting stupid to get attention. There isn't really much to say, except I think that these people are really, really sad.

All these people I meet along the way, eventually they'll all just kind of fall off the tracks. And honestly, I don't really care. It's not my responsibility to keep you on the tracks, and keep you focused. If you choose to go not do the things you know you have to do to succeed, I don't really understand why I have to help you, it's ultimately your life. Me? I want to succeed, I want to have everything that I've ever wanted. And I'm doing all that I can to reach my goals. And so far? So far everything has been pretty decent, pretty on track. It's nice.

I also got a haircut, I needed change. And I'm gonna have to say, it's pretty bitchin'.


"When a woman cuts her hair, her life is about to change."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers