I'll never step on you, I'll never show you up. I'll never tell anyone else your secrets, and I'll always give you my full on support. I'll never lie to you, maybe I'll keep things from you, but I'll never lie. I'll always tell you what I think, I'll always offer you my honest opinion. I'll never imply that you're stupid, I'll never give you the attitude I don't think you deserve.
Because that's the kind of friend I am.
I honor my friendships like the way I treasure my family. I love my friends, I think they are good people, and I think they all deserve to be wonderful people some day.
And I'd like to think you think the same way too.
I'll always give you my full attention when you need it. I'll always be the first person there if you ever run into a sticky situation, and I'll always be the person who'll give you all her ears. I'll never bud in, and tell you about my life. And when you're going on about a problem, I'll never budge in and compare your problem to mine, and then imply that yours is inferior. I'll never make you feel inferior. I'll always respect your problem, the way I respect our friendship.
You know who I am, you know that I'll never straight up tell you to shut up. You know I won't, because that's the kind of person I am. I'll let you talk, I'll let you talk till the sky falls down, I'll listen (albeit, may not be conciously).
Then how come, that I offer so much, and return I get to feel inferior when I talk to you?
Why do you have to always compare every single situation that I'm in, to yours? Whether it be relevant or not? Why? How come I don't get the full attention that I offer you unconditionally? How come every time I'm compared, you end up making my problem sound so ridiculous? How come you're the only person in the world, who's allowed to have problems? Why can't I? Why must you always stop me half-way and then tell me your story? I don't want to hear your story. And the funny thing is, it's not always your story. Sometimes, it's about your mom, your friend, your friend's friend, and its their story. It has absolutely nothing to do with you, then why do you have to cut into my rant, and tell me about theirs? I don't know them, I don't fucking care. What is it? Honestly, what is it? Do you feel so insecure that even if the spotlight is not on you for one fucking second, you feel like you'll lose? What is it? How come no one else can have the spotlight for once? It's not just this. How come, when someone (e.g. me, or other people) tell you about a situation, or something that happened, and then someone who has yet to hear the story, asks about it, you're the one who'll run off your mouth and start telling the story - when it wasn't even yours to tell! And that person who actually experienced the situation is just standing there, listening to you, telling their story. Why, why is it that you get to be in the spotlight, every single time?
It's not just about spotlight, I could care less about that. I am absolutely disgusted when you try to show me off. WHY?
I get it, I fucking get it, you're smart. I get it! I fucking get it. I get that you know almost everything there is to possibly know, I fucking get it. And I also fucking get that you know that I'm not as academically gifted (although, I don't think being an A-B student is a horrible sin) as you are. And since you know that, why can't I be the expert when it comes to things I know, know as it, I'm actually spending time learning about.
You know what? Let's cut the fucking crap.
I FUCKING KNOW ABOUT SEWING, OKAY? AND WHEN I TALK ABOUT IT, I REALLY REALLY REALLY DO NOT NEED YOU TO CUT ME OFF, OR TALK WITH ME SIMULTANEOUSLY ABOUT SOMETHING THAT I KNOW ABOUT. I DON'T NEED YOU TO TALK LOUDER TO ME WHEN I'M TRYING TO EXPLAIN SOMETHING RELATED TO SEWING. I DON'T NEED IT. WHY? WHY DO YOU ALWAYS ALWAYS HAVE TO ACT LIKE YOU KNOW SHIT? WHY? WHY CAN'T I BE THE PERSON TO EXPLAIN? WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS CUT ME OFF TO EXPLAIN? I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I'M TALKING ABOUT. I DON'T NEED YOU, AT ANY MOMENT, TO COVER FOR ME AND SPEAK OVER MY VOICE TO TALK ABOUT THE SAME. FUCKING. THING. I'M SO FUCKING SICK OF IT. AND I'VE NEVER SAID A FUCKING THING, BECAUSE I'M A GOOD PERSON, AND I'LL RESPECT THE THINGS YOU SAY, REGARDLESS WHETHER IT BE BAD--FUCKING BAD, AT THAT-- TIMING OR NOT. HONESTLY, WHAT IS IT WITH YOU? ARE YOU JEALOUS? JEALOUS THAT I HAVE TALENT IN SOMETHING THAT ISN'T ACQUIRED KNOWLEDGE? THAT ISN'T SOMETHING YOU CAN LEARN OUT OF A BOOK? IF YOU'RE JEALOUS, JUST SAY IT. I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK! WHY DO YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO ACT LIKE YOU KNOW MORE SHIT THAN ME? AM I THE DUMB FRIEND THAT YOU LIKE TO HANG AROUND BECAUSE YOU GET BETTER GRADES? OR AM I THE DUMB FRIEND THAT YOU LIKE TO HANG AROUND BECAUSE WHEN WE'RE IN PUBLIC, YOU'LL SEEM LIKE THE SMARTER ONE? FUCK THAT, IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW YOU'RE SMART, I'LL WEAR A FUCKING SIGN THAT SAYS "YOU'RE SMARTER THAN ME." IF YOU'D LIKE. I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE SMARTER. I DON'T CARE. CAUSE YOU KNOW WHAT? I'M A BETTER FRIEND THAN YOU'LL EVER BE. YEAH, SURE, I MAY HAVE DIFFERENT PRIORITIES THAN YOU WHEN IT COMES TO BEING KIND AND NICE, BUT IN THE END, I RESPECT MY FRIENDS (AND SHOW IT) SO MUCH MORE THAN YOU DO. AND HONESTLY, BEING RESPECTED OUTSHINES BEING KIND TO.
I'M SORRY THAT I'M TALENTED AT SOMETHING, AND YOU'RE BOOK-SMART. I'M SORRY. I'M SORRY THAT IF IT SEEMS LIKE I'M KNOWLEDGEABLE IN SOMETHING THAT YOU KNOW YOU'LL NEVER BE AS GOOD AS. I'M FUCKING SORRY FOR THAT.
AND I'M FUCKING SORRY FOR YOU.

No comments:
Post a Comment